WGU is Looking forStudent-Focused Faculty.
- Committed to helping busy adults achieve their goals for higher education and a better life?
- Interested in being part of a university that is revolutionizing higher education?
- A holder of a master’s degree (or higher)?
If so, consider joining our faculty—a team of dedicated professionals more than 2,000 strong.
OPEN FACULTY POSITIONS
COURSE INSTRUCTOR POSITIONS
- Course Mentor, Accounting
- Course Mentor, Advanced Nursing Education Specialty
- Course Mentor, Behavioral Science/Psychology
- Course Mentor, Capstone (Business Grad)
- Course Mentor, Communication/Presentation
- Course Mentor, ELED/SPED Classroom Management
- Course Mentor, ELED Instructional Applications
- Course Mentor, ELED Math and Science
- Course Mentor, ELED/SPED ELL/Cultural Studies
- Course Mentor, ELED/SPED Diversity and SPED
- Course Mentor, ELED Instructional Planning and Presentation
- Course Mentor, ELED P.E, Social Studies, Art
- Course Mentor, ELED Reading and Literacy
- Course Mentor, English Pedagogy
- Course Mentor, ESL Writing Center
- Course Mentor, GE Mathematics
- Course Mentor, Health Science
- Course Mentor, Health Information Technology
- Course Mentor, Healthcare Management (Business School)
- Course Mentor, Healthcare Quality and Risk Management
- Course Mentor, Humanities
- Course Mentor, IT Operating Systems
- Course Mentor, IT Database
- Course Mentor, IT, Foundations
- Course Mentor, IT Project Management
- Course Mentor, IT Security
- Course Mentor, IT, Health Informatics
- Course Mentor, IT, Networking
- Course Mentor, IT, Object-Oriented Programming
- Course Mentor, IT Management (Business School)
- Course Mentor, IT, Web Development
- Course Mentor, Management
- Mentor Manager, MBA Course Mentor
- Course Mentor, SECED Science Pedagogy
- Course Mentor Specialist Trainer
- Course Mentor, Marketing
- Course Mentor, Mentor Manager for General Education Math
- Course Mentor, Mathematics
- Course Mentor, Mathematics- Mountain and Pacific Tiime Zones
- Mentor Manager, MBA Business Course Mentor
- Course Mentor, Nursing, Evidence Based Practice
- Course Mentor, Nursing, Care of the older adult (Geriatrics)
- Course Mentor, Nursing,Organizational Systems, BSN Program
- Course Mentor, Mentor Manager, Nursing, BSN
- Course Mentor, Org / Leadership (Business School)
- Course Mentor, Nursing Leadership, BSN Program
- Course Mentor, Natural Science
- Course Mentor, Poliical Science
- Course Mentor, Quantitative Analysis
- Course Mentor, Secondary Education Chemistry
- Course Mentor, Senior Manager, ELED/SPED
- Course Mentor, Senior Manager of Health Professions College
- Course Mentor, Technical Writing and IT Leadership (Graduate Level)
- Mentor Manager, Course Mentors for Social Science in General Education
- Mentor Manager, Course Mentors for Science in General Education
PROGRM MENTOR POSITIONS
- Student Mentor, Arizona
- Student Mentor, Business Undergrad
- Student Mentor, Coordinator, Business College
- Student Mentor, Coordinator, IT College
- Student Mentor, ELED/SPED
- Student Mentor, Graduate Business
- Student Mentor, Mentor Manager, Course Mentors for Business Undergrad
- Student Mentor, IT
- Student Mentor, MAT / English
- Student Mentor, Program/Mentor Manager, IT
- Student Mentor, Secondary Education MED / Leadership
- Student Mentor, Secondary Education MSCIN
- Student Mentor, Secondary Education Science
- Mentor Manager, Nursing, Student Mentor
- Student Mentor, Nursing
- Student Mentor, Sec Ed Math
- Student Mentor, SECED Ed Leadership
- Student Mentor, SECED MAT / English
- Student Mentor, Secondary Education MED / MSCIN
- Student Mentor, Texas
- Student Mentor Trainer
Students Work with Two Types of Faculty Members:
Program Mentors & Course Instructors
WGU Program Mentors work with students from the day they enroll until they graduate, providing the one-to-one guidance and instruction students need as they progress through their program. As a Program Mentor, you will:
Help students plan their studies and stay on track from enrollment to graduation.
Provide students with a personalized learning experience that fits their learning styles, skills, and goals.
Identify appropriate learning resources to meet student needs.
Monitor each of your student's academic progress, communicating with each student regularly.
Proactively identify potential obstacles to each student’s success and provide additional instruction and support as needed.
WGU Course Instructors are subject matter experts on course content, providing instruction—typically one-on-one—to students while they are engaged in specific courses. As a Course Instructor, you will:
Work with students as they engage in your courses.
Help students with specific questions related to their coursework.
Offer specialized and individualized instruction on challenging topics.
Bring WGU courses of study to life through one-to-one or one-to-many forums.
Contribute subject matter expertise to a larger course design effort.
Why Work at WGU?
In addition to being a part of an innovative institution and changing lives every day, being a WGU faculty member offers some distinct advantages:
- The opportunity to work from home
- A flexible schedule
- Competitive benefits package
- Tuition discounts for you and your family
- Co-workers dedicated to helping adults achieve their dreams
- The chance to share your passion and expertise
OPEN FACULTY POSITIONS ARE LISTED HERE:
You can find a full list of open positions on our Online Job Board, which lists all of the current openings. Click on any job title and you'll find a brief job description as well as requirements and the option to apply.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A FACULTY POSITION?
You can find a full list of open positions on our Online Job Board. Click on any job title, then choose either "New Resume/CV" or "Existing Resume CV" at the bottom of the page. It is important that your application includes all the relevant education and experience you possess. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
See the difference a WGU education makes.
President Barack Obama
"WGU is one of the innovators implementing promising practices that offer breakthroughs on cost, quality, or both."
Bill Gates, Founder, Microsoft
"I'm impressed with WGU. Its low-cost online programs rely on competency-based progression, not class time or credit hours."
Brad Smith, EVP, Microsoft
"WGU gives students the ability to assemble the complete package, giving employers confidence when making a hiring decision."
A diverse faculty is pivotal to the success of Western Governors University’s mission to improve the quality and expand access to post-secondary educational opportunities by providing a means for individuals to learn independent of time or place and to earn competency-based degrees and other credentials that are credible to both academic institutions and employers.
We maintain that achieving diversity requires an enduring commitment to inclusion that must find full expression in our organizational culture, values, norms and behaviors.
Throughout our work, we will support diversity in all of its forms, encompassing age, disability status, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender, race and religion.
Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Policies
Western Governors University “WGU" does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, gender, religion, sex, disability, age, military or veteran status as required by applicable laws and regulations. WGU's commitment to equal opportunity includes nondiscrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. This policy of nondiscrimination applies (without limitation) to student recruitment, admissions, academic programs and services, student discipline, grading, and student access to WGU sponsored forums.
WGU also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you have a disability and need accommodations, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that necessary arrangements can be made.
Any student or applicant who wishes to discuss possible discrimination is welcome to contact:
WGU Student Services
Responsibility for coordination of compliance efforts and receipt of inquiries concerning Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 has been delegated to:
Anika Webb - Title IX Coordinator
Western Governors University
4001 South 700 East, Suite 700
Salt Lake City, UT 84107-2533
Toll Free: 877-435-7948, ext. 1321
WGU encourages students to use the WGU Grievance and Complaint Procedure to resolve discrimination concerns. However, students also have a right to file discrimination complaints directly with the United States Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights.