To qualify for consideration for the WGU MSN-FNP program, the following requirements must be satisfied:
- Must have a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average in the following five courses OR hold a B.S. in Nursing degree from WGU:
- Anatomy / Physiology I w/lab (equivalent to four semester hours)
- Anatomy / Physiology II w/lab (equivalent to four semester hours)
- Statistics (equivalent to three semester hours)
- Human Growth and Development Across the Lifespan (equivalent to three semester hours)
- Pharmacology (equivalent to two semester hours)
Note: All courses must be awarded a C- or above to meet this requirement
For guidance on courses accepted for content requirements, please see below.
- Must be college level from an institution that is recognized as nationally or regionally accredited by the U.S. Department of Education. See a list of USDE-recognized national and regional accrediting agencies.
- May not be used to fulfill more than one course of study.
- Must meet the competency unit and content equivalency requirements.
- Must have been awarded a grade equivalent to C- or better.
- If a course is repeated, only the highest grade will be accepted into cumulative GPA calculation.
Satisfying prerequisite requirements.
To aid you in the process of satisfying the required classes, listed below are online courses offered by other institutions that have been preapproved by WGU. Courses from other regionally or nationally accredited colleges and universities may also meet the requirements.
Content requirements: one course, equivalent to four semester hours, in Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab, or Anatomy with Lab.
- StraighterLine - BIO201 and BIO201L - Anatomy and Physiology I (with lab)
- Marian University - BIO 225 - Human Anatomy (with lab)
- Azusa Pacific University - BIOL 235 - Human Anatomy (with lab)
Content requirements: one course, equivalent to four semester hours, in Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab, or Physiology with Lab.
- StraighterLine - BIO202 and BIO202L - Anatomy and Physiology II (with lab)
- Marian University - BIO 226 - Human Physiology (with lab)
- Azusa Pacific University - BIOL 245 - Human Physiology (with lab)
Content requirements: one course in Human Growth and Development, equivalent to a minimum of three semester hours. Note: Course(s) accepted for human development transfer must address human development throughout the entire lifespan. Child development or adolescent development will not meet this competency.
- Study.com - Psychology 107 - Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- StraighterLine - PSY120 - Life-Span Development
- Golden West College - PSYC G118 - Life Span Developmental Psychology
- Rio Salado College - PSY 240 Developmental Psychology
Content requirements: one course, equivalent to two semester hours, in Pharmacology.
- StraighterLine - PHARM103 - Pharmacology