At WGU, we have been planning new ways to help you prepare for your job search and connect with employers virtually.
In the next month we are excited to bring you THREE Career Fairs in a virtual format. The Handshake virtual career fair module is a next-generation engagement experience for universities, students, and employers alike.
Interested to know who is attending the virtual career fairs? Check out the Events Page in WGU Handshake and use the Career Fair filter to:
- View more information about the event
- View the full list of employer attendees
- Follow employers you are interested in connecting with at the fair
- Get registered to attend!
Get Registered Today! Which fair will you attend?
- WGU Virtual Tech Career Fair, Thursday, March 18, 10am – 2pm MDT
- WGU Virtual Education Career Fair (West & Northwest), March 31, 2 – 6pm MDT
- WGU Virtual Education Career Fair (National), April 1, 12 – 4pm MDT
If you are not seeing a fair that relates to your field, do not worry! Please monitor the Career & Professional Development website for future events.
Prepare for the Event.
A career fair, whether in-person or virtual, is a great way to learn about potential employers and job opportunities while building your professional network.
It is important to understand the Handshake virtual fairs platform and how it works, but it is equally important to get prepared! Position yourself for success by attending an upcoming Career & Professional Development event or by reading the following Handshake blog articles on to how to excel in a virtual recruiting environment.
Career Preparation Events
Search and attend an upcoming Career Fair Prep Event hosted by WGU Career & Professional Development! We have webinars to help you succeed at a Virtual Career Fair, and even employer and career advisor panels. Check out your options today!
Additional Handshake Resources
- Virtual Career Fairs are Here! Next Stop: Getting Hired
- Attending a Virtual Career Fair? Here are 10 Tips You Need to Know.
- How to Prepare for Virtual 1-on-1 Sessions
- How to Prepare Your Virtual Career Fair “Elevator Pitch”
Contact Career & Professional Development with any questions! We look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming fairs!