You Can Still Earn Your Degree. We Can Help.
We have Enrollment Counselors available to help students at a university that has closed transfer to WGU—with no disruption to learning. They'll help you through the entire process, including waiving your application fee!
Keep going! WGU can help you finish your degree.
The decision to go to college is never an easy one. You already made that decision once when you enrolled at your university and took the necessary steps to embark on your educational journey. But, you now find yourself at another key decision point, probably one you didn't expect. What do you do now?
Take charge and keep going! Transfer and graduate with WGU, where our competency-based learning model will put you in the driver's seat of your education.
Explore how you can continue on your path at WGU with little to no disruption of learning. We offer special assistance to some students from closed universities so you can still earn your degree.
To make your transition to WGU easier and more affordable, WGU is offering the WGU Finish Strong Scholarship! For a limited time, transfer students can apply for this scholarship, worth up to $2,500.
- Fast, easy credit transfer. WGU has a generous transfer policy for credits earned at your current school or other accredited colleges or universities. We offer numerous degrees in IT, business, healthcare, and education. So we'll help find the right program for you and get you back to learning as soon as possible.
- Accreditation. WGU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). This regional accreditation is the highest form of accreditation awarded to U.S. institutions. WGU also has the distinction of being the only university to have received regional accreditation from four regional accrediting commissions at the same time.
- Flexibility and acceleration. With WGU's competency-based model, you complete courses by learning, not by attending class. If you learn fast, study hard, or have previous work and college experience, you can move quickly through material.
- Affordability. Our affordable tuition is about half what you'd pay at other online universities. And because you pay per term rather than per course or credit, when you graduate faster, you save money.
- Starts every month. WGU offers degrees, not classes. Instead of semesters that start two or three times a year, WGU starts new transfer students at the beginning of each month. No need to wait until fall to continue your education.
- Designed to be online. While most institutions are offering online courses these days, WGU has been providing high-quality online degree programs for 20 years. We built our institution around the idea that the online learning experience can be truly exceptional, and our 10 awards from the United States Distance Learning Association back that up.
- Personalized support. Our faculty members have only one job: to help you graduate. It’s why WGU is regularly recognized as one of the most student-obsessed institutions in higher education. And why 65% of WGU students rate the quality of their faculty interactions as a 7 on a 7-point scale, compared with only 24% nationally1.
1 2020 National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) poll of 484,242 students from 601 institutions in the U.S., Canada, and abroad.
Special Enrollment Assistance for Students
Our support starts long before you enroll. You’ll get personalized assistance from an Enrollment Counselor whose role is to help you decide if WGU is the right fit for you—and to make it as easy as possible to get started on your WGU degree. WGU Enrollment Counselors are ready to give you tailored support as you quickly transition from your current school. Contact us to get started.
We've made transfer easy!
Complete the brief form below to sign up for a webinar to learn more about transferring to WGU.
Hear WGU Grads Tell Their Back to School Stories
“Enrollment was easy as I was able to transfer all previously-earned credits and several certifications to omit several classes. Being assigned a fantastic mentor, Luis, was great as well.”
Learn, prove it, move on.
Competency-based education focuses on learning rather than seat time. You’re in the driver’s seat. Each course is a collection of defined competencies—knowledge and skills that employers are looking for from successful graduates. You study on your schedule. As soon as you can prove you’ve mastered the competencies, you take an assessment, pass it, and move on. You spend your time learning new concepts, not rehashing subjects you already know. You can set the pace to graduate early. And in the end, your degree is proof you’ve shown that you’re what employers are looking for!
Your success is our job.
From before you enroll to after you graduate, our #1 job is a better life for you and your family. Think of it as the best of both worlds: a program that offers complete independence and more support than you ever knew you needed—at exactly the moment you need it! From the Enrollment Counselor who helps you decide if WGU is the right fit for you, to the faculty mentors who are obsessed with your academic progress, to the student and tech support teams who are eager to help you solve any issues you might encounter as a student, you’re never alone—even though you’re online. And even after you’ve graduated, career and alumni support is just a call away.
Smaller investment, bigger returns.
At WGU, affordability means cutting-edge programs at tuition rates that are about half of what you’d pay at other online universities. It means graduating with little or no student debt. It means scholarship and financial aid opportunities and minimal, transparent fees. It means a flat-rate, per-term tuition so that when you save time, you also save money. And it means understanding that value includes quality, flexibility, relevance, and results, not just cost.
Personally assigned to you from the day you enroll to the day you graduate, your Program Mentor is your faculty member. They will meet with you on a regular basis to provide program instruction, advice, coaching, support, goal-setting—and a healthy dose of cheerleading to make sure you’re celebrating the little and big wins along the way!
Learning independently doesn’t mean learning on your own. Instructors are subject-matter experts who work with you regularly to ensure you’re mastering course material. They tailor learning to your needs, and the type and intensity of instructional support you receive varies based on your performance in any particular course.
A WGU Degree Pays for Itself Faster and Adds Little to No New Debt
By providing useful information and advice on responsible borrowing before enrollment, keeping tuition low while you’re enrolled, and providing programs that lead to better jobs after graduation, WGU packs a one-two-three punch designed to keep your debt low and your return on investment quick.
BACHELOR'S WITH LICENSURE
MASTER'S WITH LICENSURE
GRADUATE DEGREES FOR LICENSED TEACHERS
Educational Leadership – M.S.
Other Education Programs
Educational Studies – B.A.
Health Information Management – B.S. (from the College of Health Professions)
Information Technology Management – B.S. Business Administration (from the College of Business)
MBA Information Technology Management (from the College of Business)
Health Information Management – B.S. (from the College of Health Professions)
Master of Health Leadership (from the College of Health Professions)
Data Analytics – M.S. (from the College of Information Technology)
Healthcare Management – B.S. Business Administration (from the College of Business)
Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner (BSN to MSN) – M.S. (Available in select states)
Nursing – Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (BSN to MSN) – M.S. (Available in select states)
MBA Healthcare Management (from the College of Business)