WESTERN GOVERNORS UNIVERSITY Juneteenth Scavenger Hunt
Night Owls of Denver, join WGU for out-of-the-house adventure to celebrate Juneteenth! We’re hosting a scavenger hunt to celebrate the holiday- and everyone is invited to participate!
Juneteenth marks the date of June 19, 1865, when slaves in Galveston, Texas, were freed by the Union Army. This holiday therefore commemorates the end of slavery in the United States and celebrates emancipation. WGU recognizes Juneteenth as an official university holiday and invites the community to join us to celebrate Black history in Denver.
On your scavenger hunt, your team of family and friends will visit historic neighborhoods, discover Black-owned businesses, and compete in challenges to earn points.
WGU asks that all participants wear a face mask during this event, stay socially distanced from other groups, and follow your county’s COVID guidelines.
- Sign up for the hunt using the form below. The hunts are free for all participants. Once you sign up, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a code to access the hunt.
- Download the Let’s Roam App and create your login. Input our event code to access the WGU hunt.
- Build your team with friends and family (or play solo!) and snap a team photo.
- Complete as many challenges as you can in 48 hours. The timer will start when your team joins the hunt, so pick any two days from June 17th to 21st to complete your challenges.
Your team can earn bonus points while completing the challenges in two ways:
- Show your WGU pride with Night Owl apparel. Challenge photos and videos featuring a team member wearing a piece of WGU apparel will be awarded extra points.
- Share your hunt on social media. Post photos of your team competing in the hunt and tag your posts with #WGUDenverHunt21. Be sure to include your Team Name in the post!