WESTERN GOVERNORS UNIVERSITY Bridge to Bachelor's Degree
When Bridge to Bachelors Degree students select WGU, they’re choosing a respected, nonprofit university that puts graduate success first – from your first day of community college classes through earning a bachelor’s degree and beyond. WGU emphasizes what matters most to community college grads: high quality, affordability, and a personalized model that allows students to learn at their own pace – and graduate sooner!
Indicate WGU as your school of interest when completing your community college application or talk with your community college advisor about selecting WGU for your Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program.
*According to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System. WGU average annual bachelor’s tuition rates are 57% the national average, compared to national rates reported by the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System. WGU average rate does not include rates for WGU Bachelor of Science, Nursing Prelicensure program.
Most universities charge tuition by credit hour—if you take more courses, you pay more money—but not WGU. We offer flat-rate tuition. That means that whether you complete 8 courses in a term or 20, your tuition won’t change. Our pricing structure boasts:
- Flat-rate tuition. Tuition is paid by six-month term, not by credit. You pay one low price for as many courses you complete in a term.
- Better savings. Our programs are competency-based. That means you can complete most courses as fast as you master the material. The more courses you finish in a term, the more money you can save.
- Low overhead. Because WGU was designed without classrooms, quads, or sports arenas, we are able to keep our operation costs low. We pass that savings directly to our students. We pay less, so you do too.
For new, first-time students at any CCCS college:
- Indicate that you want to participate in the Bridge to Bachelor's Degree program when filling out your CCCS college application.
- Review with your community college advisor to make sure your intended degree and program are eligible.
For existing CCCS students in their first semester:
You can still apply by contacting your community college advisor and expressing interest in signing up for the Bridge to Bachelor's degree program.
Western Governors University is proud to offer the WGU Community College Partner Scholarship. This scholarship, valued up to $2,500, is available for partner community college graduates and staff looking to earn a WGU bachelor’s or master’s degree in information technology, business, teacher education, or healthcare.
We partnered with RaiseMe to offer micro-scholarships that recognize your achievements as you prepare to transfer, earning you money for college before you even apply. Click the button to start earning today.
Students choosing to join the WGU Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program will immediately begin to feel as though they are a part of the WGU community of students. WGU will provide you with support services that will prepare you to be successful at your community college and WGU when you transfer to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Here are some benefits to the Bridge to Bachelor's Degree program:
- Students who enroll in the Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program will be placed on an academic path that ensures they will earn maximum credit for the course work they complete at their Colorado community college with their associate degree.
- Students will be advised on course selection, GPA requirements, enrollment, and admissions criteria to ensure seamless transfer.
- Academic advisors at your community college and WGU co-advisors will monitor the student’s progress on their pathway to ensure all necessary requirements for enrollment at WGU are met in advance.
- Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program students will have free access to specially designed transfer courses throughout their program to ensure transfer preparedness.
- All Bridge to Bachelor’s Degree Program participants will receive regular communication with WGU throughout their time at the community college and mailed a participant gift to ensure students feel a part of their transfer university while they are completing their associate degree.
For more information on transferring to WGU, click on your community college below:
A first time CCCS student must:
- Opt-in the program at the start of your associate degree program at a CCCS college, or within their first semester.
- Maintain a 2.0 minimum GPA
- Complete any Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) Degree
- That's it!