What Others Say
Your Best Decision™
What Others Say
WGU has flourished into a national university, serving over 50,000 students from all 50 states. Our unique competency-based academic approach has received praise from academia and employers alike for its relevance to the real work world. Our reputation with employers is further enhanced by our emphasis on graduating highly competent professionals.
What Students Say
Returning to college is a challenge. WGU was created to make it possible. Many of our students and graduates report that they love the fact they were able to earn their degrees on their schedules and their budgets:
"Western Governors University gave me a well-rounded education so that I could match the level of my peers. The value was phenomenal! I would have paid thousands more at other schools."
- Sean Onion, WGU graduate.
What Employers Say
Our focus on competency development is getting noticed by employers. This means that as a graduate of WGU, you’ll have a valued credential that is recognized by employers. Our latest survey speaks volumes about our great fit with the demands of employers in many industries:
- 99% said that WGU graduates meet or exceed expectations; 96% said WGU graduates exceed expectations.
- 98% said they would hire another WGU graduate.
- 97% rated WGU graduates’ job performance as good as or better than the job performance of other graduates; 57% rated it better.
- 100% said that their WGU graduates were prepared for their jobs; 88% said that they were very well or extremely prepared.
Learn more about WGU student and graduate success. You can read about WGU student satisfaction, student success on national exams, and employer satisfaction in hiring WGU graduates.
The Myths about Online Learning
Even though online learning is growing dramatically and becoming more and more accepted among employers and academia, there are still opinions—really, myths—about online education that linger in some people’s minds.