An online teaching master's degree and teacher certification...
An online teaching master's degree and teacher...
An online teaching master's degree and teacher certification program for aspiring middle school or high school math teachers who already have a bachelor's degree in a non-teaching field.
Leads to teacher licensure. Specific grade levels will vary depending on the teaching certification in your state.
- Time: 66% of graduates finish this high school math teaching degree within 18 months.
- Tuition and fees: $3,935 per 6-month term.
Candidates for this high school math education program often include:
- Aspiring junior high and high school math teachers who currently hold a bachelor's degree but lack a teaching license
- Substitute teachers
- Career-changers with a passion for math
- School paraprofessionals
- Others who feel the call to teach
This online teaching degree in secondary math education includes courses in the foundations of teaching, mathematics education, instructional planning and presentation, and pedagogy. It requires in-classroom observation and a term of full-time demonstration teaching.
It differs from the M.A. Teaching, Mathematics Education (Middle Grades) program in that it includes courses in upper levels of calculus, including advanced calculus and mathematical modeling. Graduates from this secondary math degree program will be eligible for a teaching license in any of the 50 states.