Our online Master of Science in Accounting program, also referred to as the Master of Accounting (MAcc), will give you the required knowledge and skills to prepare you for a successful career in public and private accounting. This program will help prepare you for the CPA exam and allows qualified students to meet the 150 semester hours required to sit for the CPA exam in most states.* The program will also help prepare you for other professional exams such as the Certified Management Accounting (CMA) exam and the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) exam.
*Requirements for CPA licensure vary by state. Additional details for Texas residents.
This program focuses not only on the technical and analytical skills necessary for accounting positions, but also incorporates critical communication and strategic skills required in today’s fast changing world. You will learn to assess complex transactions and determine the proper treatment of those transactions in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). You will also learn advanced auditing skills to be able to enhance internal controls of an organization and identify material weaknesses in those controls. You will develop and be able to apply advanced managerial accounting techniques in real-world situations as well as become familiar with the accounting for governmental and nonprofit organizations.
At the end of this program, you will have gained necessary analytical skills to address complex financial information and make appropriate recommendations to management.
Who the program is for:
- Individuals needing additional academic preparation to help sit for the CPA, CMA or CIA exam.
- Experienced accounting professionals seeking upward career mobility who need the credentials and additional expertise to do so.
- Individuals who already have a knowledge base in accounting seeking to gain a competitive advantage by deepening their accounting knowledge and broadening their communication, strategic, and analytical skills.
This program will be flexible and adaptable to your schedule. Click here to learn how your program works.
What You’ll Learn Areas of Study:
In this online accounting degree program, you’ll acquire essential skills and knowledge needed for a successful career in the field. This program includes the following areas of study.
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Management Communication
- Advanced Managerial Accounting
- Advanced Auditing
- Financial Management
- Advanced Tax Concepts
- Fraud and Forensic Accounting
- Strategic Management
- Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting
- Accounting Research
Total Program: 30 Competency Units (credit equivalents)