Teacher Licensure Programs
Change Lives with an Online Teaching Degree Program
WGU offers challenging online teaching degree programs for both current and aspiring teachers. Because WGU is a nonprofit, online university founded and supported by the governors of 19 U.S. states, you'll benefit from both superior online degree programs and lower tuition.
WGU’s programs are designed to produce highly competent teachers because our degrees are aligned specifically with state standards throughout the country.
Online Teacher Licensure Programs
Explore the many online teaching degree options WGU offers:
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Elementary Education (K–8)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Mathematics (5–9 or 5–12)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Science (5–9 or 5–12)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Social Science (5–12)
- M.A. Teaching, Elementary Ed (K–8)
- M.A. Teaching, Mathematics (5–9 or
- M.A. Teaching, Science (5–9 or 5–12)
- M.A. Teaching, Social Science (5–12)
WGU is the first exclusively online university to receive NCATE accreditation for its degree programs that lead to teacher licensure, a testament to the fact that WGU graduates "have the knowledge and skills to be effective in helping all students learn."
Each of WGU’s online teacher licensure programs includes student teaching in an actual classroom, ensuring you’ll have the skills and know-how to handle a classroom of your own.
Getting Licensed in Your State
The need for new highly qualified teachers is growing. You’ll be in an excellent position to make a huge difference in your community with an online teaching degree from the WGU Teachers College.