WGU Teachers College
Online Teaching Degrees Making Better Teachers and Better Students
Qualified, dedicated teachers are desperately needed throughout the United States, particularly in rural and urban communities and in subject areas like math and science. The WGU Teachers College is a recognized leader in online teacher education working towards the goal of ensuring that highly competent teachers are in every classroom . . . teachers like you.
Discover the online teaching degrees offered by WGU:
Online Teacher Licensure Programs:
- B.A. Interdisciplinary Studies (K–8)
- B.A. Special Education (K–12)
- B.A. Mathematics (5–9 or 5–12)
- B.A. Science (5–9)
- B.A. Science (Chemistry, 5–12)
- B.A. Science (Physics, 5–12)
- B.A. Science (Biological Science, 5–12)
- B.A. Science (Geosciences, 5–12)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Elementary Education (K–8)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Mathematics (5–9 or 5–12)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Science (5–9 or 5–12)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Social Science (5–12)
- M.A. Teaching, Elementary Education (K–8)
- M.A. Teaching, Mathematics (5–9 or 5–12)
- M.A. Teaching, Science (5–9 or 5–12)
- M.A. Teaching, Social Science (5–12)
Online Master’s Programs
For already-licensed teachers:
- M.S. Curriculum and Instruction
- M.S. Special Education (K–12)
- M.S. Educational Leadership
- M.A. English Language Learning/English as a Second Language (PreK–12)
- M.Ed. Instructional Design
- M.Ed. Learning and Technology
- M.A. Mathematics Education (K–6, 5–9, or 5–12)
- M.A. Science Education (5–9)
- M.A. Science Education (Chemistry, 5–12)
- M.A. Science Education (Physics, 5–12)
- M.A. Science Education (Biological Science, 5–12)
- M.A. Science Education (Geosciences, 5–12)
- Endorsement Preparation Program, English Language Learning (PreK–12)
- Endorsement Preparation Program, Educational Leadership
Earn an Online Teaching Degree
As a student, you’ll benefit from both superior programs and lower tuition. Our competency-based approach allows you to leverage your prior experience and education and find a workable balance between life, family, and school. And online doesn’t mean alone, either. You’ll have the constant support of a dedicated mentor to take you all the way to graduation and beyond.
Graduates of WGU’s Teachers College can be found in almost every major public school district in the U.S. A number of WGU graduates have been recognized for their work through awards and grants.
WGU is the first exclusively online university to receive NCATE accreditation for its degree programs that lead to teacher licensure, a testament to the fact that WGU graduates "have the knowledge and skills to be effective in helping all students learn."
Recognized and Accepted Programs
Earn the knowledge and skills necessary to help students learn with an online teaching degree from the WGU Teachers College. With the assistance of over $15 million in grants from the U.S. Departments of Education and Labor, WGU offers challenging online teaching degree programs for both current and aspiring teachers.
All of WGU’s online teaching degree programs are regionally and NCATE accredited, approved for Utah candidates by virtue of WGU's NCATE accreditation, and designed to prepare for certification in all 50 states (for initial teacher licensure). Although state requirements vary from state to state, most states allow WGU Teachers College graduates to apply for direct licensure. And almost all states participate in reciprocity agreements allowing for transfer of teaching credentials from one state to another. Speak to an Enrollment Counselor to determine how your state will recognize your credentials.