WGU Career & Professional Development
Recruiting WGU Students & Alumni
WGU students and graduates are ready to work. WGU degree programs are designed with employer input to ensure that students master the top skills employers are looking for— and in order to graduate, they must prove it through competency-based education. It is all about producing graduates whose degrees align learning with workplace needs.
WGU uses Handshake, an international recruiting platform, to enable employers to connect with talented WGU students and alumni in a single click. Connecting with WGU on Handshake allows employers to post jobs and internships (as well as volunteer opportunities), and promote events to WGU students and alumni completely free of charge!
That's right - there are no fees associated with recruiting at Western Governors University!
First, you will need to create an employer account in Handshake and request to connect with Western Governors University. This gives you the ability to post jobs and events in our system!
Do you already have an employer account on Handshake? All you have to do is log in to your existing account and request to connect with Western Governors University!
Please note that it may take up to a 3-5 business days for your employer access to be approved at Western Governors University, depending on volume. While your request is being processed, be sure to review our Recruiting Policy and Guidelines. To gain access to WGU Handshake, employer accounts must include:
- A complete contact name (both first and last name)
- A well-written company description (this helps students determine fit with your organization)
- A corporate address (residential addresses and PO boxes do not meet this requirement)
- An email address with a listed domain that matches the company name and website (Please note that most gmail.com, yahoo.com, and aol.com do not meet this requirement and are subject to an extended approval period. These emails are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.)
- A dedicated company website matching the company name (Please note that Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter pages do not meet this requirement and are subject to an extended approval period. These pages are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.)
- A business license from the state in which your company operates their business
- A Handshake trust score of 45% or higher (Subject to change as Handshake updates their trust score process)