WGU Career & Professional Development
Registration opens August 30th!
The Workforce Recruitment Program for College Students with Disabilities (WRP), coordinated by the U.S. Department of Labor and the U.S. Department of Defense, is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and select private-sector employers with highly motivated college students, graduate students, and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to demonstrate their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs.
Participation is open to any students or recent graduates with disabilities at all levels and majors, and degree programs. Veterans with disabilities are especially urged to apply.
To participate in WRP, applicants must:
- have a disability and be eligible under the Schedule A hiring authority
- be a United States citizen
- be currently enrolled in a degree program on a full-time basis OR have graduated with a degree on or after April 1, 2019.
Candidates who successfully complete the program will have their application information included in a database for federal agencies to access. The WRP database is available to all federal agencies to find qualified candidates. Candidates in the database will then potentially be contacted for federal and private sector positions without having to apply directly to positions.
It is required that all candidates complete their application by October 13th, 2021 11:59 PM PST. Therefore, we encourage candidates to act quickly and complete their WRP application as soon as possible.
To submit your WRP application, please complete the following steps:
- Register by October 11, 2021. Initiate the WRP application by self-registering at wrp.gov and clicking on the student registration button. Please be aware that your registration must be complete and approved before you can continue in the application process. When registering, make sure to select Western Governors University as your school. A staff member from WGU Career & Professional Development will approve registrations daily.
- Complete the WRP Application by October 13, 2021. Once your registration is approved, you will receive an email request from email@example.com to change your password and complete the online application. Candidates are guided through entering contact and academic information, uploading resumes and unofficial transcripts, and all other specifics.
- Register by October 11, 2021.
- Complete the WRP Application by October 13, 2021.
- Final candidates will be submitted to the WRP Database. Candidates who successfully complete all the above steps will have their information submitted to the WRP database which will be released to employers in mid-December. Federal employers may then access the database to contact prospective candidates for potential interviews.
Optional (limited to the first 100 participants):
- Once you have completed your application, a WRP School Coordinator will reach out via your WGU email within 5 business days with information regarding how to schedule your optional informational interview with a WRP Recruiter.
Once you complete this process, you will be contacted via your WGU email in late October or early November to schedule your informational interview with a WRP Recruiter.
Please visit WRP's list of WRP federal employer agencies that registered in 2020 to get an idea of program participants.
To access and download your unofficial WGU transcript, go to the Student Services section on the Student Support Tab of the student portal. Click on Records in the left side navigation and click the Download an Unofficial Transcript link.
If you need assistance with your resume please visit the WGU Resume page.
This is a required field. Because WGU does not calculate a GPA, candidates will enter “0” in the GPA field.
More information about WGU’s grading policies can be found in the student handbook including a downloadable Grading Explanation Letter.
If you have questions about whether your condition qualifies as a disability, please contact WGU’s Student Accessibility Services at 877-435-7948 Ext. 5922 for further assistance.
Candidates will be required during the process to obtain Schedule A hiring authority documentation.
We would like to ensure that all of the candidates have whatever they require to have a successful interview experience. If you have questions about accommodations, please contact: WGU’s Student Accessibility Services at 877-435-7948 Ext. 5922 for further assistance.
If you are interested in our assistance, please contact us. Our Career Advisors are looking forward to working with you in pursuing your career endeavors!
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding WRP, please contact a WRP School Coordinator.