CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY STUDENTS You can still earn your degree. We can help.
We have Enrollment Counselors available to help Concordia students transfer to WGU. They'll help you through the entire process, including waiving your application fee!APPLY FREE
Named a "Best Value School" by University Research & Review for seven consecutive years.
The decision to go to college is never an easy one. You already made that decision once when you enrolled at Concordia University and took the necessary steps to embark on your educational journey.
We are deeply sorry for the predicament you now find yourself in, through no fault of your own. So, what do you do now? Keep going! Transfer and graduate with WGU.
Explore how you can continue on your path to complete your degree at WGU. We offer special assistance to Concordia University students so you can earn your degree.
- Credit transfer. WGU has a generous transfer policy for credits earned at Concordia University or other accredited colleges or universities. We also have the option to accelerate through courses in your program, so you can graduate even faster. We offer degrees in IT, business, nursing and healthcare, and teaching. We'll help find the right program for you.
- Accreditation. WGU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), the same regional accreditation body of Concordia University. WGU also has the distinction of being the only university to have received regional accreditation from four regional accrediting commissions at the same time.
- Affordability. Our affordable tuition is about half what you'd pay at other online universities. And because you pay per term rather than per course or credit, when you graduate faster, you save money.
- Flexibility and acceleration. With WGU's competency-based model, you complete courses by learning, not by attending class. If you learn fast, study hard, or have previous work and college experience, you can move quickly through some material and spend more time studying what you still have to learn.
- Starts every month. WGU offers degrees, not classes. Instead of semesters that start two or three times a year, WGU starts new students at the beginning of each month, which launches a new term for those students. No need to wait until fall to continue your education.
- Personalized support. Our faculty members have only one job: to help you graduate. It’s why WGU is regularly recognized as one of the most student-obsessed institutions in higher education—and why 74% of WGU students rate the quality of their faculty interactions as very good or excellent, compared with only 55% nationally.
To make your transition to WGU easier and more affordable, WGU is offering the WGU Finish Strong Scholarship! This scholarship, worth up to $2,500, is especially for Concordia University students for a limited time.
The support starts long before you enroll, with personalized assistance from an Enrollment Counselor whose role is to help you decide if WGU is the right fit for you—and to make it as easy as possible to get started toward your WGU degree. For Concordia University students, Enrollment Counselors are prepared to give you support tailored to your transition from Concordia. Contact us to get started.
“Enrollment was easy as I was able to transfer all previously-earned credits and several certifications to omit several classes. Being assigned a fantastic mentor, Luis, was great as well.” Daniel Gaddy
Competency-based education focuses on learning rather than seat time. You’re in the driver’s seat. Each course is a collection of defined competencies—knowledge and skills that employers are looking for from successful graduates. You study on your schedule. As soon as you can prove you’ve mastered the competencies, you take an assessment, pass it, and move on. You spend your time learning new concepts, not rehashing subjects you already know. You can set the pace to graduate early. And in the end, your degree is proof you’ve shown that you’re what employers are looking for!
From before you enroll to after you graduate, our #1 job is a better life for you and your family. Think of it as the best of both worlds: a program that offers complete independence and more support than you ever knew you needed—at exactly the moment you need it! From the enrollment counselor who helps you decide if WGU is the right fit for you, to the faculty mentors who are obsessed with your academic progress, to the student and tech support teams who are eager to help you solve any issues you might encounter as a student, you’re never alone—even though you’re online. And even after you’ve graduated, career and alumni support is just a call away.
At WGU, affordability means cutting-edge programs at tuition rates that are half what you’d pay at other online universities. It means graduating with little to no student debt. It means scholarship and financial aid opportunities and minimal, transparent fees. It means a flat-rate per-term tuition so that when you save time you also save money. And it means understanding that value includes quality, flexibility, relevance, and results, not just cost.
Personally assigned to you from the day you enroll to the day you graduate, your Program Mentor is your faculty member. They will meet with you on a regular basis to provide program instruction, advice, coaching, support, goal-setting—and a healthy dose of cheerleading to make sure you’re celebrating the little and big wins along the way!
Learning independently doesn’t mean learning on your own. Course Instructors are subject-matter experts who work with you regularly to ensure you’re mastering course material. They tailor learning to your needs, and the type and intensity of instructional support you receive varies based on your performance in any particular course.
- Low, flat-rate tuition.
- Graduate faster and with less debt.
- Financial aid and scholarships available.
- Online education with supportive faculty.
- VA and military benefits accepted.
- Great return on investment.
- All course materials for a low flat fee.
You pay tuition per six-month term, not per course or credit. So when you move faster through your courses, you also lower your total bill!
Tuition covers unlimited courses per term.
All programs: $145 per-term Resource Fee covers e-textbooks and learning resources, saving you thousands. Non-refundable $65 one-time application fee. Program fees and other fees: Some programs have small per-term or one-time fees specific to that program's costs. Your Enrollment Counselor can provide more information.
By providing useful information and advice on responsible borrowing before enrollment, keeping tuition low while you’re enrolled, and providing programs that lead to better jobs after graduation, WGU packs a one-two-three punch designed to keep your debt low and your return on investment quick.
Recent WGU grads reported earning, on average, $12,600 more within one to two years of graduation, compared with income prior to enrollment...
...and by four years after graduation, that salary increase averaged $18,400, compared with the national average of just $12,400.
With an average cost of $16,500 for a bachelor’s degree, the return on investment of a WGU degree is about two years.
We offer degree programs in four in-demand fields. Explore what else is available.
BACHELOR'S WITH LICENSURE
MASTER'S WITH LICENSURE
GRADUATE DEGREES FOR LICENSED TEACHERS
Health Information Management – B.S. (from the College of Health Professions)
Information Technology Management – B.S. Business Administration (from the College of Business)
MBA Information Technology Management (from the College of Business)
Health Information Management – B.S. (from the College of Health Professions)
Master of Health Leadership (from the College of Health Professions)
Data Analytics – M.S. (from the College of Information Technology)
Healthcare Management – B.S. Business Administration (from the College of Business)
MBA Healthcare Management (from the College of Business)