We'd Love to Welcome You Back–Let's Get Started!
If you are considering returning to WGU, we’re here to help you come back. This page will give you information on how to apply for readmission to WGU. You are always welcome to contact the Readmission team by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 1-877-435-7948, extension 3147, if you need assistance. We're excited to help you make this goal a reality and encourage you to start the steps toward readmission today.
NOTE: This page is for students who want to return to WGU after withdrawing.
You'll Know When You're Ready to Come Back
Earning a degree is a big deal. Take time to evaluate if you’re prepared to restart with WGU and complete what you started. A few questions to work through:
Why did you originally withdraw? Have you found resolutions to the barriers? Are you confident that school can be a priority?
Have you assessed obstacles? Understanding what hindered your progress before is an important step in removing those obstacles.
Can you commit enough time? Successful students spend at least 15–20 hours each week on their studies. Having a game plan is important.
Getting Started is Easy!
Coming Back to WGU: Steps to Readmission
Getting started is easy—just log in to your student portal or contact a Readmission Counselor on the Admissions team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-435-7948, extension 3147. Do you need more information about readmission following withdrawal?
Readmission Policies and Information
- You can reenter only when your withdrawal term has ended.
- If you were academically suspended, you must wait a minimum of 6 months from the suspension date before appealing for reentry.
- We recommend starting the Readmission application process 60 days prior to intended start date.
- All requirements for Readmission should be submitted 30 days prior to intended start date.
- Any outstanding balance from prior terms must be paid in full before you are eligible to readmit.
- After applying, you will be assigned to a Readmission Counselor who will discuss all admission and financial requirements.
Please inform your assigned Readmission Counselor if you have completed any college-level coursework elsewhere during your absence from WGU. An official transcript will be required from other institutions to be considered for transfer credit. Upon review of your application, Admissions will determine and inform you of the decision and conditions of your readmission status. Prior academic and administrative records will be considered.
The following will also be considered during the eligibility review process:
- Academic Progress
- WGU Code of Student Conduct
- Administratively withdrawn for non-payment, non-response or inactivity
- Multiple withdrawals
NOTE: If you are a graduate of a WGU program and want to come back and enroll in another program, please log in to your Student Portal to get started.
You can review the WGU Student Handbook or contact the Admissions Staff by e-mail at email@example.com.