You Can Keep Your Education Momentum Going When You Choose WGU
You started your educational journey at West Kentucky Community and Technical College System—now it’s time to finish it at WGU. If you earned your associate degree through a KCTCS institution, you can keep your momentum and earn your bachelor’s degree at WGU. We’re proud to offer special benefits to the graduates and staff of KCTCS.
WGU is the perfect fit for working adults who need a degree to boost their careers but can't fit traditional schooling into their busy lives. That's why hundreds of companies, associations, school districts, municipalities, and other organizations choose WGU as their partner in educating their workforces and graduates.
Scholarships are one of the many ways WGU removes obstacles from your path to achieving your education goals and improving your career opportunities.
FREE TRANSCRIPT SERVICE
When you complete your free application, you can opt to use our FREE transcript service that helps you gather your transcripts at no additional cost.
WGU Partners with Community Colleges
WGU has community college partners throughout the United States. If you'd like to do an initial self-assessment of transfers you may qualify for, you can search our community college partner site (by state). Please note, this tool is for desktop users.
Transferring Your Community College Degree or Credits to WGU is Simple
Students with an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree usually qualify for an Upper-Division standing at WGU. This position allows you to waive up to 40 WGU credit equivalents, also known as Competency Units (CUs) (equal to 60 quarterly credit hours).
Depending on your degree program, you may qualify for additional requirement waivers. If you have completed some college coursework but have not earned a degree, WGU will conduct a transcript evaluation. Your experience may waive some of your requirements.
Select Your Community College to Find Your Transfer Pathway Program:
- Ashland Community and Technical College
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
- Gateway Community and Technical College
- Hazard Community and Technical College
- Henderson Community College
- Hopkinsville Community College
- Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Madisonville Community College
- Maysville Community and Technical College
- Owensboro Community and Technical College
- Somerset Community College
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College
Transfer Students Can Earn up to $1,000 Towards WGU Education on RaiseMe
WGU partnered with RaiseMe to offer micro-scholarships that recognize your achievements as you prepare to transfer, earning you money for college before you even apply.
Earn Your Degree for About Half of the Cost of Other Universities*
You pay tuition per six-month term, not per course or credit. So when you move faster through your courses, you also lower your total bill!
WGU students pay about half the tuition,* and end up with half the debt of the national average.**
- Low, flat-rate tuition.
- Graduate faster and with less debt.
- Financial aid and scholarships available.
- Online education with supportive faculty.
- VA and military benefits accepted.
- Great return on investment.
- All course materials for a low, flat fee.
*WGU average annual bachelor’s tuition rates are 44% lower than the national average, compared to national rates reported by the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data Systems in 2022. WGU average rate does not include rates for WGU Bachelor of Science, Nursing Prelicensure program.
**WGU undergraduate students have approximately half the debt at graduation compared to the national average, according to the Institute for College Access and Success (2022).
Take the Next Step
College can be affordable—and it's definitely worth it. We're here to help you make the best decisions on degree program, payment options, scholarship application, and more.
Next Start Date: July 1
Start Dates the 1st of Every Month