WGU is focused on student and graduate success
In addition to knowing that the university you attend is accredited, it is important to know that you will learn the things you need to know to be successful in your career. At WGU, we are focused on your learning.
WGU Performance in 2014 National Study of Student Engagement (NSSE)
NSSE is a national survey that measures student engagement. In 2014, the NSSE polled over 350,000 students from more than 600 institutions. Senior-level students rated WGU significantly higher than other institutions in the following key areas:
- Quality of interactions with faculty—20% higher
- Quality of academic support—23% higher
- Time spent per week of studying—13% higher
- Acquisition of job-related knowledge and skills—13% higher
- Willingness to attend the same institution again—23% higher
- Rating of entire educational experience—16% higher
WGU students graduate with degrees that prepare them to succeed in their careers.
Employer Satisfaction (2014 Survey of Employers by Harris Poll)
- 99% said that WGU graduates meet or exceed expectations; 92% said WGU graduates exceed expectations.
- 93% rated the “soft skills” of WGU graduates as equal to or better than graduates from other institutions.
- 94% rated WGU graduates’ job performance as good as or better than the job performance of other graduates; 53% rated it better.
- 96% said that their WGU graduates were prepared for their jobs; 89% said that they were very well or extremely prepared.
Graduates reporting that the majority of competencies learned in college related directly to their work:
- 79% of WGU graduates
- 86% of WGU graduates are employed in their degree field
Employed WGU graduates report a net increase in annual income, compared with income prior to enrollment.
- WGU graduates reported an average increase on income of $10,400 in the first one to three years after graduation, significantly higher than the national average of $6,400.
The university's current 13-month retention rate (the percentage of students who return after their first year) is 79%; the average for U.S. public colleges and universities is 73%.
WGU graduates hold responsible positions in many major companies throughout the U.S.
- College of Business Graduates
- College of Health Professions Graduates
- College of Information Technology Graduates
Graduates of WGU’s Teachers College can be found in almost every major public school district in the U.S. A number of WGU graduates have been recognized for their work through awards and grants.