You’re a busy healthcare professional. The work you do saves lives. But your sacrifice of time for others often means you’re left with little time for yourself and your needs and goals. That’s why we’re here. To help you grow and progress in your career and life with the help of a relevant healthcare certificate. In helping yourself, you’ll also become equipped to provide better patient care.
We make it easier to take a step up in your career with a certification program built for your busy schedule. Get relevant education on your time from an accredited college, earn a certificate quickly, and boost your résumé so you can progress in your career.
A nursing certificate program is a non-degree program that gives nurses the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in a specific area within their field. Certificate programs are generally shorter than degree programs, making it possible for most to earn their certificate in a year or less. Registered nurses can pursue a number of different certifications as part of their continuing education goals. Our certificate programs help you demonstrate your knowledge and expertise, provide superior patient care, and set yourself apart as a qualified candidate for leadership roles.
Our nursing certificate programs are tailored to nurses wanting to gain nursing care skills and credentials from an accredited institution to serve specific patient types or move into certain job roles. Our certifications are laser-focused on nurses who need additional credentials to expand career opportunities, increase earning power, and advance into management positions.
Nursing Education – Post-Master's Certificate
A specialty certificate in nursing education for nurses with...
A specialty certificate in nursing education for...
A specialty certificate in nursing education for nurses with MSNs.
This program will prepare you to teach the next generation of nurses.
- Time: 12 months.
- Tuition and fees: $4,385 per 6-month term, plus a one-time Health Professions Fee of $350.
Some careers and jobs this degree will prepare you for:
- Nurse Educator
- Nursing Faculty
- Program Director
- Academic Clinical Nurse Educator
Hospitals and other facilities need nurse educators. Earn your Post-Master's Certificate in Nursing Education and step into a role inspiring and empowering caregivers. This program will prepare you to sit for the National League for Nursing Certified Nurse Executive (CNE) exam.
Nursing Leadership and Management – Post-Master's Certificate
A certificate for registered nurses with a master's degree in...
A certificate for registered nurses with a...
A certificate for registered nurses with a master's degree in nursing who are ready for greater responsibility in a leadership and management role.
- Time: 12 months.
- Tuition and fees: $4,385 per 6-month term, plus a one-time Health Professions Fee of $350. The cost to sit for the NAHQ Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) exam is included in tuition.
Sample careers and jobs this degree program will prepare you for:
- Director of Nursing
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Quality Director
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Project Manager
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment of medical and health services managers to grow 17% by 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.
A health care certificate program is a non-degree program that teaches you specialized skills in leadership or other areas like pediatrics or gerontology. A health care certificate program is a feasible way to add to your résumé and credentials. Earning a certificate will equip you with a unique set of skills that can help you make a bigger impact in your hospital, clinic, or workplace. Your newly enhanced abilities and additional skills can help you be a better caregiver and coworker which could lead to leadership opportunities and promotions.
How Much Do Nursing and Healthcare Certificate Programs Cost?
Our healthcare certificate programs cost around $4,240 per six-month term. This is an affordable way to add additional credentials to your résumé and improve your skill set for your healthcare career.
How Long Do Healthcare and Nursing Care Certificate Programs Take?
12 months or less
As soon as you master the material, you can move on. That’s what competency-based education is all about. It’s a unique model that allows you to move through requirements more quickly and earn your certificate sooner. Most of our students finish their certificate programs in a year or less.
Are Healthcare and Nursing Certificate Programs Valuable?
Healthcare and nursing care certification is a common way for healthcare professionals to add to their résumés and improve their career outlooks. Nurses tend to earn more as they gain more specialties, certifications, pass certification exams and acquire years of experience. In fact, according to a nurse.com survey, certified nurses see a greater base salary than those who do not have certifications, and they may also get differential pay for their certifications.
At WGU, our focus is you. Everything we do is designed to put continuing education within your reach. We make it easier for you to keep working while you continue expanding your knowledge, gaining credentials, and adding to your skill set.
- Affordable. Our certificate programs cost less than the national average, with some schools charging more than four times what we do. Here you can earn a certificate for as little as $4,240. We also offer a number of scholarships to put a certificate within reach.
- On your time. You have a busy schedule with work, family obligations, and more. With no set log-in times, our programs fit into your life no matter how many hours you work or how big your family is.
- Available anywhere. Study, take tests, and move through your program from anywhere you have internet access. You can complete assignments during your downtime, at work, or even on vacation.
- An option to accelerate. Once you demonstrate you’ve mastered the material, you can move on. Many students use their existing knowledge to move through our programs more quickly. If you want to go fast, you can.
- Immediately applicable. What you’re learning today can be used in your daily work tomorrow. Our program teaches you relevant skills while letting you keep your job and working hours. Applying what you’re learning at work is seamless with our unique format.