WESTERN GOVERNORS UNIVERSITY
WGU SHRM Virtual Student Chapter
You Won't Want to Miss Out on These SHRM Opportunities!
Are you taking full advantage of your opportunities in the WGU College of Business?
If you're pursuing a WGU business degree, the Society for Human Resource Management is a great place to make connections and get opportunities.
As a business leader, SHRM membership will help you stay informed on innovative and forward-thinking practices surrounding today’s global workforce. You can benefit from SHRM membership with educational events and webinars, guest speakers, networking opportunities, resume building opportunities, connections to other WGU students in business, and much more! Learn more about what SHRM offers at www.shrm.org.
As a member of the world’s largest HR association, your affiliation with SHRM gives you access to incredible resources. Whether you are already a HR or business professional or planning on becoming one, SHRM offers various tools to aid you on your career path, such as:
SHRM Student Membership
Your SHRM Student Membership will give you access to a wide array of valuable resources covering HR- and business-related topics, including:
- Weekly SHRM-hosted webcasts
- Discounts on SHRM-sponsored resources comprised of seminars, conferences, certification prep, books, and more.
- Subscription to HR Magazine and SHRM e-newsletters.
- Regular updates on changes in U.S., state, and local compliance regulations.
- Membership in the SHRM Connect Community.
- Visit www.shrm.org/students for more information and to obtain SHRM student membership.
WGU SHRM Student Benefits
Make sure you take advantage of the invaluable opportunities that are available to members of our WGU SHRM virtual student chapter!
- Collaborate with seasoned HR professionals.
- Work towards achieving the distinction of the SHRM Student Chapter Merit Award.
- Network on LinkedIn with fellow WGU SHRM virtual student chapter members, as well as the members of 250 other SHRM student chapters across the country.
- By chartering the WGU SHRM virtual student chapter, develop highly marketable leadership skills.
- Increase your business and HR knowledge by participating in WGU SHRM virtual student chapter webinars and events.
- Make your WGU degree even more affordable by applying for the WGU SHRM Leadership Scholarship, valued at up to $2,500.
Awards and Merits
SHRM awarded the 2021-2022 Superior Merit Award designation to the Western Governors University SHRM student chapter for providing superior growth and development opportunities to its student members.
SHRM awarded the 2020-2021 Merit Award designation to the Western Governors University SHRM student chapter for providing excellent growth and development opportunities to its student members.
SHRM awarded a 2019-2020 Honorable Mention Award designation to the Western Governors University SHRM student chapter for providing great growth and development opportunities to its student members.
The Society for Human Resource Management has analyzed WGU's Human Resource Management bachelor's degree and found that it aligns with SHRM's recommended minimum standards, integrating the HR components that are most relevant for new human resource professionals.