WGU is an online university with career-aligned bachelor's and master's degrees—in teaching, nursing, IT, and business—designed to allow working professionals the opportunity to fit university education into their busy lives.
College of Business
Gain the credentials and competence the industry demands with the online business master's degree program from WGU. Our accredited, competency-based master's degree programs will put you in an excellent position to fill the most rewarding careers in your field.
As a student, you'll benefit from both superior programs and lower tuition. Our competency-based approach allows you to leverage your prior experience and education and find a workable balance between life, family, and school.
Master's Degrees for Already-Licensed Teachers
- M.S. Curriculum and Instruction
- M.S. Special Education (K–12)
- M.S. Educational Leadership
- M.A. English Language Learning (ELL) (PreK–12)
- M.Ed. Instructional Design
- M.Ed. Learning and Technology
- M.A. Mathematics Education (K–6)
- M.A. Mathematics Education (Middle Grades)
- M.A. Mathematics Education (Secondary)
- M.A. Science Education (Middle Grades)
- M.A. Science Education (Secondary Chemistry)
- M.A. Science Education (Secondary Physics)
- M.A. Science Education (Secondary Biological Science)
- M.A. Science Education (Secondary Earth Science)
Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification
College of Information Technology
Gain the credentials and competence the industry demands with an online IT degree from WGU. Our accredited, competency-based master's degree programs will put you in an excellent position to fill the growing need for IT professionals whose résumés boast both a degree and industry certifications
College of Health Professions
Gain the credentials and competence the industry demands with the online healthcare master's degree program from WGU. Our accredited, competency-based degree programs will put you in an excellent position to fill the growing need for competent, compassionate healthcare professionals.
- M.S. Nursing – Education (BSN-to-MSN Program)
- M.S. Nursing – Leadership and Management (BSN-to-MSN Program)
- M.S. Nursing – Nursing Informatics (BSN-to-MSN Program)
- M.S. Nursing – Education (RN-to-MSN Program)
- M.S. Nursing – Leadership and Management (RN-to-MSN Program)
- M.S. Nursing – Nursing Informatics (RN-to-MSN Program)
- Master of Health Leadership
- MBA Healthcare Management (from the College of Business)
A master’s degree program takes effort and time. But as a WGU student, you’ll have some powerful advantages. Take time to compare your options for an online master’s degree. Not all universities and programs are created equal.
One major advantage is flexibility. Most universities expect all students to begin a term at the same time, advance through courses at a pace set by the instructor, and conform to scheduled class hours. But most WGU master's degree programs allow you to advance through course material as fast as you're able, without waiting on other students.
You can begin a term on the first day of any month. Your courses and study material will be available to you 24/7. It’s up to you when and where to study, when to start a lesson or when to take a break. Ready for the test? Schedule your assessment any time that works for you—as soon as you can prove what you’ve learned! Plus, learning resources are online, making school just as mobile as anything else in your life.
Our faculty’s job is to actively support you from day one to completion. Dedicated Program Mentors will be with you through your program, providing instruction from enrollment through graduation. They keep your expressed goals in your line of sight and help you achieve or surpass those. As you progress toward your degree, Course Instructors are the subject-matter experts who will provide the personalized support and individualized or cohort instruction you need, exactly when you need it.
WGU enrolls new students at the beginning of each month, launching a new term for those students. A term at WGU is 6 months long. What does this mean for you? You can start when you’re ready, rather than rushing (or waiting) for fall or spring enrollment. So, it’s back-to-school time year-round at WGU!
Our market-responsive programs reach broadly across teaching, business, IT, and healthcare, giving you options to explore. Benchmarks of program quality are driven by what’s important to you: real-world application, complete self-pacing, and industry relevancy. WGU reports a majority of graduate students complete their master’s degree programs much more quickly than with other online universities. That’s not just talk – we provide data on how long the majority of students take to complete a program at the top of each and every degree.