You have your own faculty member, assigned to help you succeed.
Program Mentors benefit students and help them find success while at WGU. WGU student reviews continually praise mentors as a key component of a great experience. Personalized faculty members make WGU an online university unlike any other.
Course Chatter: Stay in the Loop
Every course is unique. You'll approach learning resources, studying, research, and assessment differently. It's helpful to have a place within the course to discuss those specifics, either with comments or questions.
- How should you approach part of an objective assessment?
- What chapter of a learning resource addresses a certain topic?
- Can this course be broken down into sections to work through individually?
Course chatter allows you to ask those questions and get timely answers from course faculty! Asking questions in a forum allows everyone to benefit. Earlier questions can be searched and help newcomers to the course.
Maybe you want to share insights that have helped you in the course. That's what comments are for! Dialogue with other students—it's not just for course faculty to comment.
Cohorts: Group-Style Learning
Many courses in your program will offer cohort options. Most students look back and say "I wish I had used cohorts from the beginning!" Cohorts offer you time with course faculty as they present the course material in a live session and offer a fresh perspective. During cohorts you can:
- Ask questions to the course faculty and student group.
- Get additional resources for learning the material in a variety of ways.
- Test your knowledge with live polls and quizzes.
The availability and schedule for cohorts varies by course. We advise that you look at cohort offerings when you are preparing to begin a new course.